The Peet GO Shoe Dryer and Sanitiser – The best way to keep nail fungus away!
Using UV light and thermal technology to kill both the fungal spores and remove moisture that fungus needs to survive, the Peet GO Shoe Dryer and Sanitiser works quickly and effectively.
- Uses UV light radiation to eliminate contaminates like bacteria, viruses and fungi that cause odour and degrade footwear.
- Regular use of sanitiser will extend the life of footwear and keep them smelling fresh.
- Ideal for all types of materials including leather, PVC, rubber, neoprene, canvas, synthetics, cloth, fleece, felt, and all modern fabrics.
- Includes adapters for both household and vehicle use.
- Comes with a convenient Pouch for travel.
- Assured safe, silent operation.
- Effectively dries, warms and sanitises all types of athletic footwear; work, sport and hiking boots; dress and casual shoes – even ski boots and skates.
What should I do to reduce my chances of re-infection?
Steps should definitely be taken to avoid re-infection, this is because the infection can return if the fungus or athlete’s foot infection is able to gain access to the nail or foot.
It is worth remembering that the athlete’s foot infection is part of the same family of infection that causes fungal nail infection. Therefore if your shoes harbor the athlete foot spores you are likely to re-infect your nails. We suggest that you regularly apply antifungal creams or sprays and that you should avoid walking barefoot in wet public areas and that you should dry and decontaminate your shoes regularly with a shoe Sanitiser.
What is the best way to reduce my overall chance of re-infection?
Toe nail fungus requires a moist warm dark environment to thrive. The best way of reducing your risk of re-infection is to use a shoe sanitiser as often as you can but at least two to three times per week. The sanitiser will disrupt the environment within the shoe that fungus needs. The Peet GO Shoe Sanitiser completely drys the shoes out and neutralizes fungal spores and bacteria with UV light.
Why is it important to have dry shoes?
With more than 250,000 sweat glands in each foot, your feet are among the most perspiring parts of the body. In one day, each foot can produce more than a pint of sweat, resulting in saturation your shoes. Without the use of a shoe sanitiser your saturated shoes require at least 24 hours for them to adequately dry out.
Our hands have a comparable number of sweat glands so why don’t fingers suffer from the same rates of fungal nail infection as our toes?
Apart from the fact that fingers are exposed to light the answer lies within our socks and shoes. The sweat our feet produce can’t easily escape into the air like the sweat from our hands. It all collects on our skin and in our socks and in the fabric of the shoe. Fungi and bacteria thrive in warm dark, damp environments such as damp shoes. Increased foot moisture is therefore a key ingredient for fungal nail infection.
Regular use of the shoe sanitiser will keep your shoes dry and smelling fresh and most importantly reduce your chance of re-infection of nail fungus.